Thursday 12 January 2012

Finally a card & experiment.....

Afternoon peeps, well I finally managed to make a card after my little attack of my condition, I knew it was brewing all week as I did not feel right, but I a feeling a little better today, a big thank you for all your kind messages.

Anyway on to my card and experiment.....  When I was sorting my craftroom out I found a pile of pencils that me mum bought me over 17 years ago when I was in school, called Berol Karismacolor. I remember nagging for these pencils they were so expensive too, I think they were £2-£4 per pencil and had a waxy finish to them, so for a trip down memory lane I decided to have a go colouring with them and I had a bit of turps and a derwent blender stump thing... It is not the best my first attempt and colours not that great but I had a go, oh and some derwent metallic pencils too.


For my card I have used one of Crafty Sentiments brand new stamps that have just been released called Annabel Mermaid....I think it's cute enough for a birthday, valentine with the hearts, a just because, well not sure what I will use it for yet but this card should have been on for Tuesday as Craft Sentiments have a water theme challenge this week so here is my card a few days late!


Papers were free with mag milton & Co Christmas Paper Stack


Butterfly and heart punch with some stickles glitter, 
which reminds me I need to buy more glitter glue


Pearl gems from stash


Sentiment was a freebie with cardmaking & papercraft mag 


To purchase some of the stunning new release stamps they are available HERE.

I would like to enter some challenge too....
Meljens Designs - SIO - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - 2W, 1E - (2nd week) Sparkle  
Crafty Creations - #152 something new
Freshly Brewed - 5E, SIO- #77 something new (all month)
My Mum's Craft shop - 3E - #39 girls

Big hugs Jo xxx

24 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jo, I love the colours and fabulous image.Wow those pencils will cost a fortune now.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Jo this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and the embellishments are stunning and go so well with the image.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Anonymous said...

Absoloutely gorgeous.. love the colour and the little pearls fab
following
http://karmakrafts-fran.blogspot.com/

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jo
You have done a fabulous job a gorgeous and beautiful card
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Sprytebyrd said...

Hi Jo! This is a stunning card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Meljen's Designs challenge blog this week. However, we do require a Meljen's image on our challenges. Hope to see you again really soon!
Hugs!
Dee

Unknown said...

Wow this is a darling :) love your colouring.. never heard of those pencils before, yes quite expensive. Hugs xxx

Lisa Jane said...

wow what gorgeous colouring.. i love it ! Gad you are feeling a lot better
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, glad you are feeling better!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

See ... just like I said on FB; b***** brilliant!
xxx

Claire said...

Lovely card Jo, love the bright colours. Hugs, Claire x

VanessaB said...

what a gorgeous fun card! thank you for joining us at fresh brewed designs. :)

cheryl said...

oh wow Jo this is gorgeous adore the bright colours you have used on this just perfect hugs Cherylxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, the mermaid image is lovely and the pearls look just like bubbles
Lindsay xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jo I think you are right to take it easy when you feel unwell, but I so love your card that image the design and colours look fabulous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Berry said...

Wow Jo I love this the colour choices are so rich and deep this is just fab very underwater! Hope you are getting better hugs Rebekah xx

Shelby said...

You've done a fabulous job with those pencils and you've made her pop right off the page! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

Shelby

Brenda Brown said...

A great make Jo, lovely colours and design.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Jo.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She looks lovely in these bright colours and the pearls look fab. Hope you are feeling better today.

pickle said...

Absolutely beautiful as always Jo. I love all the little butterflies and pearls.
Kerry x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww this is lovely and those pearls look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

juelmarie said...

What a beautiful card and great job!

Thanks for playing at Craft Creations Challenge

Crafty Hugs,
Juelmarie DT

cebelica said...

Very nice card. Thanks for playing with us at MMCS this week! Hugs!

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is one fab design. Love how the mermaid is poppin out of the card and thise pearls really look like bubbles. Your colouring is amazing. Thanks for playing at the Southern Girls sparkle challenge and I am sorry for my late comment. Hope to see you again for our next challenge. Bettina xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...